Need a Quick Passport


us-passport4Need a quick passport? A passport expediting service can help. Currently, a routine application for a passport can take six weeks to process through the U. S. Postal Service. To expedite an application yourself requires making an appointment at one of eighteen regional agency offices and can still take up to three weeks.

For a fee, a passport expediting service can do most of the legwork for you and reduce your waiting time on a standard passport application to 14 business days or less. If your itinerary requires you to leave in less than two weeks, an expedited passport service can process your rush passport order in as little as one business day.

To get started, it will be necessary to fill out a DS-11 form and, if using a service, two copies of a Letter of Authorization; many agencies provide these forms online. Next, find a Passport Acceptance Facility in your area. Many post offices, clerks of court, public libraries and other local government offices are authorized to accept passport applications on behalf of the Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs Office of Passport Service. The Acceptance Agent will:

  • Witness the signing of application for new passport
  • Collect a $25 execution fee
  • Check applicant's ID, and
  • Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.

The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed in the envelope are:

  • Filled out application form DS-11 signed in the presence of the agent.
  • Original proof of the United States citizenship.
  • Two passport photos.
  • Evidence of urgent travel (24-hour passport service only).
  • Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
  • One copy of the Letter of Authorization.

The Acceptance Agent will write the applicant's name, departure date, and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If there is more than one application sealed in the same envelope, please make sure that the information about both applicants is written on the envelope. Please note: All minors must appear in person.

Visit often to learn more information from our updated Need a Quick Passport.

2009 - 2010 ©, All rights reserved.