Spain Visa


spainflagFor U.S. citizens wishing to make a short visit, Spain visa rules are the same as those of other countries who participate in the Schengen agreement. This means that U.S. citizens may enter Span as a tourist or for business travel for no more than 90 days without a visa.

If, however, you wish to stay in Spain for more than 90 days within a 6-month period, you will need to apply for a long-term visa. If you plan on working during your stay, you'll need to apply for a "Work and Resident" visa. Students need a Student visa if they plan on studying or participating in training programs or research in .

You may apply for a visa at one of the Consular General of Spain offices, which is under the authority of the Spanish Embassy. Each consular office has a responsibility for a range of states within the U.S. The following cities contain Consular General of Spain offices: Boston MA, Chicago IL, Houston TX, Los Angeles CA, Coral Gables FL, New Orleans LA, New York NY, San Francisco CA, Washington DC and Santurce Puerto Rico. Contact the consular office nearest to your residence to find out if they service your state.

Need a visa?
Let help

You'll need to complete a Schengen visa application form, available at the consular office or online from the Spanish Embassy website. You must submit your completed application in person. Be sure your passport is current and will not expire within 1 year from your visa application date.

Documentation varies depending on the type of visa. All visa applicants must present their passport and some proof of their home of residence, such as a driver's license. Be sure your passport has at least one blank page for the visa stamp. You'll also have to provide two current passport photographs. It a good idea to make photocopies of all documents since they do not return original documents.

Students require a proof of admission to the Spanish school they will be attending. Students must also show proof of medical insurance and a letter from their doctor indicating they are free of contagious diseases. A Work and Resident's visa application also requires medical and health information, plus an original official work authorization issued by Spanish Labor Authorities.

A visa current costs $100.00. This fee must be paid by Cashier's Check or Money Order, which are then made out to the "Consulate of Spain". Student visas typically take at least 6 weeks to process. Visa for working visitors can take even longer as these applicants require special authorization from the Spanish government.

Start the application process as far in advance as possible so that you won't have to reschedule your date of departure. If you take the time to meet all the requirements for a visa for Spain, the process will go smoothly and you will soon be on your way to this beautiful country.

Visit often to learn more information from our updated Spain Visa.

- Valencia Lodging Guide: we offer an accommodation in hotels, youth hostels, hostals, pensions and apartments rentals in Valencia, Spain.

- Majorca, the number 1 destination for European tourists. Travel and information guide for resorts, hotels, car rentals, flights, ferries, airport shuttles, entertainment and outdoor activities.

2009, All rights reserved.